Tuesday, March 15, 2011

What a great day for a bike ride!!

Trina woke me up on her way out this morning and told me that it was a beautiful day today and that I should go for a bike ride.  I have been thinking and talking about it and excited about the prospect so I promised her I would today.  It is gorgeous outside!!  Bright blue skies, clear sidewalks and roads, maaaybe a hint of a breeze, and at least 0°C.

My training wheels needed air.  I am so glad there is a bike shop right across Main St from us!  I called and they said sure they would pump them up for me.  So I walked my bike over and they pumped up all 4 tires.  Back outside, helmet on, and seat in the saddle.

I went down the next street over for 3 blocks, 1 block back over to my street and 3 blocks back home.  I tell you, after 1 minute of pedaling, my thighs were not happy!  And by the middle of the ride my butt was sore, my hips were sore (that is ongoing, maybe the riding will help), my back was sore (also ongoing), my lungs were not on fire, (but you know that dry feeling when it is cold?) and I was sweating. I mapped how far I rode.  It was 1.2 km!!!  :)  It's a start.  Google Maps says this route should take 3 minutes to bike.  I'm sure it took me longer.

BUT it was awesome!  The wind was in my face, the sun was shining, I was out enjoying God's creation.  I wasn't just out because I had somewhere to go.

On my travels today I also walked quite a bit. First a 600 m walk then a 1 km walk.

I wonder if a bike ride should replace my exercises for the day, or maybe 1 set?  I don't want to overdo it. What do you guys think?  Today the bike ride plus the walking has replaced my exercises!  Maybe I will do a set later tonight.

Gerry and I saw The Adjustment Bureau with Matt Damon tonight.  It was good.  I had a large popcorn and pop.  I feel gross right now.  I am going to another movie with my friend, R, on Monday night.  No popcorn for me!

What I have eaten today:

Breakfast
1 smoothie with frozen fruit, yogurt, milk, 1 egg, bananas and strawberries

Lunch
Toasted turkey bacon club sandwich (I gave the croissant to Trina when I got home)

Dinner

chicken and rice

PLUS

3 cups of coffee with flavoured creamer
large popcorn at the movie
NO chocolate

Leg extensions-At least 2 sets per day, 10 reps each leg
Bridges-At least 2 sets per day, 5 reps
1-
2-
3-

Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm... well with all of that you DESERVE to make those brownies.
    Ummm... 0-c isn't that like 33-f ? BRRR...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marye and thanks so much for commenting!

    Yes O Celsius is 32 F but it was glorious! Sun was shining, no wind, first ride of spring! My face and ears were sure cold! Hood does not fit under helmet. :(

    Question.....12 oz choc chips = how much in Cups? Call me you imperial measurements challenged friend!

    ...Lisa

    PS Where are the pics of your new hair colour????? Huh, huh??????

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts/comments? I would love to hear them!