Friday, March 18, 2011

Scripture memory accountability

Typing from memory:

Isaiah 9.6
For to us a child is a born, a son is given and the government will be on his shoulders.  And he will be called Mighty Counselor, Wonderful God, Everlasting Father and Prince of Peace.

John 14.6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me."


Copied from Bible Gateway:

Isa 9.6 For to us a child is born,
   to us a son is given,
   and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
   Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
   Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 




John 14.6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.


Pretty good so far!  It really does help to recite and practice frequently!  I am excited about learning and memorizing God's Word.
2 verses came to mind (I had to look them up):

Psalm 119:11
I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.



1 Peter 3:15
But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,



Gerry and I are off to Niagara Falls for a night and day. :)  We found a great deal and jumped at it.

I will post about the short trip (probably) and how I did with my Friday eating on Saturday night, I think.


Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts/comments? I would love to hear them!