Monday, March 14, 2011

New memory verse today and a new exercise to add to my regimen!

From memory:

Isaiah 9.6

For to us a child is born.  To us a son is given and he will have the government on his shoulders.  He will be called Wonderful Counselor, ........

:)  Not very good after a week.  The whole verse is:

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

This week's verse:

John 14:6 

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the father except through me.” 


What I have eaten today:

Breakfast
3 small pancakes with butter and syrup

Lunch
1 smoothie with frozen fruit, yogurt, milk, 1 egg, bananas and strawberries

Dinner
1 grilled cheese sandwich

PLUS
2 cups of coffee with flavoured creamer
NO chocolate

Leg extensions-At least 2 sets per day, 10 reps each leg
Bridges-At least 2 sets per day, 5 reps
Today I decided to add another exercise. 

Trina's friend, J (a hard core dancer), suggested V-sits.  Arms out in front, lean back and raise legs to form a "V" and balance yourself.  :)  I think my legs are maybe 3" off the ground!  Hold for 5 seconds.  I wanted to do 5 reps, but could barely manage 4.

Traci suggested the "plank".  Wikipedia reads: The plank (also called a front hold, hover, or abdominal bridge) is an isometric core strength exercise that involves maintaining a difficult position for extended periods of time The most common plank is the front plank which is held in a push-up position on one's forearms.

I will try a set of planks tomorrow and then add planks or V-sits to my daily exercises and then add the next one a bit after that.

1-10:11 am
2-12:42 pm
3-9:15 pm leg extensions, bridges and 4 V-sits

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts/comments? I would love to hear them!