Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I'm Baaack!!

Did you miss me??  :)

I had a great time with my friend, Cindy, in Ottawa!

I arrived on Thursday afternoon.  I left my house at 8 am and got to her place at about 5 pm.  Why is traveling so tiring when you are sitting for most of the time?

On Friday, I don't think we did much except go to a great Steven Curtis Chapman concert.  (The lights were not too much of an issue for me).

On Saturday, we prayed together in a beautiful park, met up with my Dad's cousin for brunch, went on a short walk and then went to a lovely wedding shower in the evening.

Susan and I outside the restaurant we went to-Never Too Latte. 


On Sunday we worshiped at church together.

Both of us grabbed an afternoon nap most days and generally had a great time together!

I am so grateful to God for the friendship I have with her!!  He has nourished and protected our relationship over the course of 23 years!  We have both had some incredible highs and lows during that time and it is as if God made this friendship bloom especially for those times.  When things are going really well, or very challenging, we both turn to each other either to share the joy or ask for advice and prayers.

Cindy and I in the Ottawa train station


As far as my daily goals, I don't think I missed a meal!  Although the traveling days were a bit off, but I did eat.  I don't think I drank as much coffee.  BUT I did not do my exercises for those 5 days.

Can you believe that was my first overnight trip since Gerry and I have been married?  No trips by myself since 1989!!!   That is crazy!

The walker made it SO much easier than the cane!  Now when I think of going on holidays, walking anywhere, going out, I am not anxious or anything.  Just amazing.


What I have eaten today:
Breakfast
1 smoothie with frozen fruit, yogurt, milk, 1 egg, bananas and strawberries
1 bowl of Fibre Plus cereal (free sample).

Lunch
no lunch :(

Dinner

fish sticks, mashed potatoes, corn

PLUS
3 cups of coffee with flavoured creamer
NO chocolate

Leg extensions-At least 2 sets per day, 10 reps each leg
Bridges-At least 2 sets per day, 5 reps
Plank or V-sit-At least 2 sets per day, 5 reps
1-10:48 am-V-sit
2-10:25 pm-plank

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts/comments? I would love to hear them!