Monday, March 21, 2011

I miss the walker!!!!

I went on short 500 m, then almost 300 m walks today.  This walking was with the cane.  I was quite nervous and unsteady. Those were not easy walks! I am now back home and I am shaky and weak but I have had no falls! 

As a matter of fact, I have had but one fall since I got the walker on Feb 24th.  And that was in my bedroom where there is not enough room for the walker to get all the way around to my side of the bed.  So I park the walker and walk around.  A few days ago, I caught my foot on one of the wheels and went down.  No major damage.  I just need to be very careful if and when I have to step away from the walker!

My back and hips are really bad today.  :(  Because of walking with the cane?  Because I am exercising more?  Or will it get better eventually with the exercise?  Arthritis?  Something else entirely?

I will be glad when the walker is fixed tomorrow. I am very much expecting it to be fixed when the technician comes to the house tomorrow. Actually, Trina (with her mechanical engineering mind) looked at it and said "oh yeah, the brake pad thing is not attached to the cable. It can probably be fixed. if you take this shield piece off.")  I hope the fact that the walker needs technical service after only a month is not an indication of how it is going to hold up!!  :(

I just got back from seeing the movie "Limitless" with my friend, R.  It was a good movie.  It was so nice to do something different every now and then.

What I have eaten today:

Breakfast
1 smoothie with frozen fruit, yogurt, milk, 1 egg, and strawberries

Lunch
sliced cucumber, yogurt

Dinner
chicken strips, potatoes, veggies

PLUS
2 cups of coffee with flavoured creamer
1 Snickers chocolate bar
some BBQ corn chips at the movie  (Is that any better than theatre popcorn?)

Exercises

Leg extensions-At least 2 sets per day, 10 reps each leg
Bridges-At least 2 sets per day, 5 reps
Plank or V-sit-At least 2 sets per day, 5 reps

1-8:23 am-plank
2-10:28 pm-V-sit

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts/comments? I would love to hear them!