Friday, April 15, 2011

That's what friends are for!!!

I had such a great morning today!!  It kind of had it's roots last Sunday morning when one of my best friends in the whole world, N. and her family) were not at church.  I knew she had been unwell but I didn't think she was unwell enough to keep her away from church.  Maybe her husband or one or both of her 2 children were not well?  But usually that would not keep all 4 of them away from church.  Whoever could come, would come.  I was concerned.

It was announced to us all, that her husband had taken her to emergency at 6:30 am.  We prayed for her as a congregation.  Now I was worried!  It was SO HARD!!  We/I didn't know what was wrong.  I was having such a hard time not worrying.  She is my best friend!  She really does not like doctors, medicine and definitely does not like hospitals!  She must have been in quite a state to allow herself to be taken there (she told me she didn't want to be anywhere else but at the hospital). It was then announced at the end of the service that her husband had taken her in because of severe pain, and that the doctor said she had an inner ear infection.  But she told me this morning, that when she left the hospital with an antibiotic and still no pain relief!  She did not get any pain relief until later that afternoon.

She is feeling somewhat better now, but still not well.  She has vertigo, still bouts of pain as well.

There was a time that she and I would get together and talk and chat EVERY Friday.  Now it is every other Friday but other things get in the way sometimes.  Whenever we do get a chance to get together, it is like we talked just yesterday.

So we were talking last night about getting together.  I asked if I could bring a meal over.  She asked if I had any of my homemade spaghetti sauce in the freezer.  I did!!  And she said she asked if was going top make bread anyway, could I please make some bread (because you know that fresh bread goes with spaghetti).  I totally heard her ask if I could make my cream cheese brownies.  She clarified later about the bread!  I made the bread and the brownies anyway.  But it was so funny.  I would have bet anything she said brownies.  :)

So I took it all over to her place this am.  She put a pot of coffee on and we just talked for about 2 hours.  It was great.  She is so wise and insightful!  She blows me away.  We have known each other for 22+ years and we have both been through some very challenging situations.  I really do believe that God has nourished our friendship especially for this last year or 2 when things have been tough for both of us in various ways. She is a gem whom God put in my life!

Proverbs 18:24
One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother (sister).

What I have eaten today:
Breakfast
Coffee + granola bars

Lunch
1 turkey chicken club on whole wheat plus a coffee + donut.

Dinner
homemade pepperoni pizza

PLUS
3 cups of coffee with flavoured creamer
NO chocolate

My exercise routine. Each set includes:
Leg extensions-10 reps each leg
Bridges-5 reps
Plank or V-sit-15 seconds

1st set-11:00 pm-v-sit
2nd set-11:42 pm-plank
(better late than never!)

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts/comments? I would love to hear them!