Tuesday, April 19, 2011

So many people are having medical challenges!

My friend, R, has been having breathing challenges (that they are now calling heart issues) for a long time.  My other friend, G, had knee replacement surgery today.  And he is going to have to have the other knee replaced too!!  One of my aunts is being treated for 3 types of cancer.  One of my other aunts had a breast lumpectomy today...waiting for pathology results.  Another friend has a bad knee and just learned she does not need surgery, just yet.  Hopefully PT will be enough for her.  And that is just the tip of the iceberg!   We have a long list of people in our church, their family members, and friends who we are praying for various medical issues.

There are SO many people out there who are going through challenging times.  It really makes me appreciate my health, such as it is.  :)   And I am just addressing mediical issues.  There are emotional, financial and spiritual challenges too!  Thank you God for being in control!

...Lisa

PS Traci is home in 2 days!!


What I have eaten today:
Breakfast
1 smoothie with frozen fruit, yogurt, milk, 1 egg, bananas and strawberries

Lunch
1 sandwich

Dinner
BBQ chicken, potatoes, corn

PLUS
2 cups of coffee with flavoured creamer
NO chocolate

My exercise routine. Each set includes:
Leg extensions-10 reps each leg
Bridges-5 reps
Plank or V-sit-15 seconds

1st set-8:23 am-v-sit
2nd set-2:44  pm-plank
3rd set!!!-10:10  pm-v-sit


Edit 4/20/2011 I ended up not doing that 3rd set of exercises.  I typed the time, published the post and promptly forgot about it!

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts/comments? I would love to hear them!