Saturday, April 30, 2011

Fri April 29-What a day!!!!!

Oh my, my, my! 

Traci and I were packing her suitcases and organizing things in the late morning.  Somehow the topic of passport came up and she wasn't 100% sure where it was but she knew she had put it somewhere safe where she would remember it.  So she checked the half dozen or so places she thought it would be..nope.  She checked those places again. I checked them....nope.  Then we started going through all her as-yet-unpacked stuff.  Boxes of kitchen utensils, bedding, school books, etc.  No passport.  We went through all the boxes again.  Nothing! We are both getting very worried.  At this point, she is leaving in less than 24 hours.

I called the passport office.  Yes she could get a replacement passport today but we had to get ourselves to the office right away.  We found the forms online and printed them.  Traci filled them out as I got dressed and ready to go.  I think we left the house at 1 pm.  The passport office closes at 4:30 pm!!

First stop was City Hall to get one of the forms signed by someone who could act in a legal capacity,

Then a 10 minute walk to the passport office, which was in the mall downtown.  We were SO grateful for the office being in that mall, as you will see.

First trip to the passport office, and Traci was told she needed new passport photos.  Gerry had mentioned that during one of the times we were talking to him about this. But they did not mention it when I called the office from home.  So downstairs we go to the nearest photo place in the mall to get a passport photo taken. The lady took the photo and showed Traci what it looked like.  Traci did not care.  :)  She just wanted the pictures ASAP. While we were waiting for the photos, we walked across the hall to get some fries at McDonald's.  We were both hungry!  Ate the fries, got the passport photos, and headed back to the office.

Second trip to the passport office seemed to go well.  The receptionist was awesome!  She recognized Traci and said "You are going to hater me"  Traci asked why. "Because your guarantor needs to sign your photos"  Whew!!  That was OK because I was acting as the guarantor!  Got our number, waited in line, Traci went up to the clerk.  Uh oh!  She needed to have a copy of her itinerary, some proof that she was actually travelling the next day. But she DID start the process, thank God!  And Traci paid through the nose for her new passport. So Traci gathered everything up and off we went to the library, which was ALSO in the mall, to print a copy of a couple of pages of her trip information document that included her itinerary with dates.

Third trip to the office, Traci just handed the pages to the receptionist.  They all knew who Traci was now and were doing all they could do get her the passport! I did not go to the office with her that time.  I went to Tim Horton's where we were going to eat some real food and probably wait until 4:30, or so we thought, for the passport to be ready.  We ordered our food and we were just about to eat when Traci got a text message from the office!

Fourth trip!  I stayed at Tim's with our food, not eating, as I did not want to eat without Traci.  15 or 20 minutes passed with no word from or no re-appearance of Traci.  I texted her saying I was on my way to her.  I packed up our food and everything and left.  I stopped for a sec outside.  Good thing!  I had forgotten my purse and the man sitting beside me rushed lout with it!  Whew!!

I got to the office and Traci said that they had needed her to sign another form having to do with her itinerary.  And then they told her to wait for the passport.  So she did and I did.  I think it was 4:20 when they handed it to her!  We thanked everyone profusely!

On the bus home, I was just out of it.  I was so tired from the stress and anxiety and all the walking we did.  I went right to bed when we got home.  Traci made the pizza.

Oh my!!!

Legal signature at City Hall-$20
Passport photos-$15
New passport-$87
Rush charge-$70
Food and fries-$15

New passport so Traci could go on the trip of a lifetime to Nicaragua-PRICELESS!


What I have eaten today:
Breakfast
1 smoothie with frozen fruit, yogurt, milk, 1 egg, bananas and strawberries

Lunch
1 Tim Horton's Turkey Bacon Club sandwich on whole wheat
1 Boston Cream donut

Dinner
2 pcs homemade pepperoni pizza

PLUS
3 cups of coffee with flavoured creamer
NO chocolate
My exercise routine. Each set includes:
Leg extensions-10 reps each leg
Bridges-5 reps
Plank or V-sit-15 seconds
1st set-
2nd set-
3rd set-
Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts/comments? I would love to hear them!