Monday, May 30, 2011

5/28/2011 Hi everyone!

I'm baaack!!  Although maybe only my friends A.C. and B.H. might have wondered about, or even been aware of, my lack of posting.  :)

Sorry for not writing for a few days. I am not quite sure why I did not write on Wednesday.  Nothing extra special happened on Wednesday.
Thursday, however, was a big day.  Traci had all 4 of her wisdom teeth taken out under general anesthetic.  Thank you so much to C.W. for driving us there!
Traci was nervous and anxious but she was a trooper. I was surprised.  The surgery took just under an hour. She was in recovery for about 40 minutes before she was cleared to leave.  She was pretty  groggy but not crazily so.  She asked me to take pictures of her so  she could see what she looked like.  Traci made me promise not to post the pictures, although I had no intention of doing that.   The cutest, funniest thing she said in recovery a la David After The Dentist  was "Are my lips closed?" She said it in such a cute voice!  Of course, she could not feel her lower face or mouth or chin!  We stopped on the way home for the beloved Tylenol 3"s (Tylenol with codeine). Traci was REALLY beginning to feel pain by the time we got home.  She was very grateful for the painkillers. Thanks so much to A.Z. for driving us home!!

Traci has been making use of the T3's, frozen corn and peas, and the hand blender to purée her food.

She is actually out tonight, sleeping over at her friend's house.  Traci was REALLY hoping that they could go to Booster Juice tonight.  Traci has been craving a Booster Juice since the surgery.   Her friend is wonderful and she promised to be sure Traci ices her cheeks every hour on the hour for 20 minutes.  Although Traci has been very responsible with her self care.  I am very proud of her!

I JUST realized as I type this that even though I would not wish this pain on my daughter (or anyone), I have enjoyed being able to be here to take care of her.  Traci is VERY capable and reliable and responsible.  Sometimes, though, you need more help than usual.  :)

My friend is running in a half marathon tomorrow.  Go A!!  I am proud of you already!

Tomorrow we are going to a family BBQ to celebrate my mom's husband's 71st birthday!  Happy birthday B!!
Having said that, Traci has decided to go to WORK tomorrow!!  5.5 hour shift.  It is not uncommon, though, for her to be sent home early if it is not busy.  We shall see how it goes.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts/comments? I would love to hear them!