Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Veggies??

Hi!

Looking at what I have been eating for the last few days, I am excited that I am eating healthy (or healthier), real food for the most part.  I am very excited that I am eating 3 meals/day!!

BUT ...what I am not excited about is the fact that I am mostly eating dairy and fruit and carbs.  I LIKE these foods the most, but they do not make for an overall healthy diet.

I need to start adding veggies.  Mind you, we usually have some sort of vegetable at dinner, either sort of on its own or in something like the spaghetti sauce tonight.  We have broccoli in the fridge now so tomorrow I am going to make an effort to replace some fruit with veggies.  Or does that even make sense, seeing as fruit and vegetables are lumped together in one food group?  I really don't know.

Anyway, broccoli it is tomorrow, probably for a snack.  I don't want to eat it plain.  What is the healthiest thing I have in the house to dip the broccoli in, I wonder?

I really want to make these changes gradually.  I don't want to make a whole bunch of huge changes and then not be able to keep up with them.

I know the chocolate evening munching will have to go too.   :(

I also KNOW that exercise is the next BIG thing I need to address.  How about I keep dealing with food issues for a bit and make the food changes permanent in my life?  30 days for a habit right?  That is true, but I am putting off the exercise thing.  I am thinking that Aprilwould be good to look into exercise.  I want to want to be outside for exercise.  April means the snow and ice will be gone, too.


What I have eaten today:

Breakfast
1 bowl of fruit yogurt with strawberries

late breakfast
1 piece whole wheat pita bread with hummus

Lunch
homemade strawberry milk (milk + strawberries)

Snack
1 glass of banana strawberry smoothie (yogurt, milk, banana, strawberry)

Dinner
pasta with homemade meat sauce
1 slice apple pie at 8 pm

PLUS
3-4 cups of coffee with flavoured creamer
maybe some chocolate later

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts/comments? I would love to hear them!