Sunday, February 13, 2011

Eat food, not too much, mostly plants

Today was a relatively good day, foodwise. I had no processed stuff outside of flavoured coffee creamer. I even did not partake of cookies and goodies at church during the coffee break! Eat food, not too much, mostly plants I was reminded of this yesterday. The Eat Food part, as I read yesterday as well, is to try to make sure all your food you eat is food that your great-grandmother would recognize and know. Not Too Much and Mostly Plants are self explanatory. I didn't do so well on those today. Eat Food: I ate food that my great-grandmother would recognize. :) (Well except for the flavoured creamer) :( Not Too Much: I really didn't think I ate too much today at any one point. But it is now half an hour after dinner and I am SO FULL. I have a very small appetite. It does not take much for me to be full. I need to take even smaller portions. Mostly Plants: I failed on that today. I ate some fruit, no veggies, but it certainly was not most of my food today. This is going to be the hardest part of Eat food, not too much, mostly plants to accomplish. I think I could almost give up meats without too much problem. The thing is, I could probably give up veggies too and not miss them too much! Just call me the carbs and cheese and eggs girl! What I have eaten today: Breakfast 1 bowl of fruit yogurt with bananas & strawberries Lunch 1 toasted ham and cheese sandwich with mayo and butter Dinner 1 (too large as it turned out) bowl tuna casserole (pasta, cheese sauce, tuna) 2 small glasses of milk PLUS 3-4 cups of coffee with flavoured creamer maybe some chocolate later No junk or chips or sweets (well, except for chocolate) and 3 meals again! 2 straight days of 3 meals. I probably have not done that for a while. Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts/comments? I would love to hear them!