Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Veggies! Plus something else...

Something I have not mentioned is that I have a genetic condition called Spino Cerebellar Ataxia It is a condition I inherited from my father's side of the family.  This affects me in a number of ways.  My balance is very bad, my memory is awful, I have double vision, I fatigue very easily.

I have been using a single point cane for 10 years.  I have been starting to think I needed a quad cane or a rollator walker UGH!  The OT (occuptaional therapist) came today and tested my strength and talked about the pros and cons for both the quad cane and the  rollator walker. In a week or so, both are going to be delivered to the house and the OT will show me how to use both.  I am going to test both out and see what works best for me and helps the most.  I have always thought, "Ewwww", rollators are for old people.  But this OT had me thinking that maybe that would be best for me.  We shall see.

In testing my strength, the OT said my glutes are very weak.  So the exercise starts TODAY, not April! Leg extensions- 2 sets of 10 reps for each leg.

I got 2 new grab bars installed in the bathroom yesterday!!  It's funny how different things are exciting to different people.  :)

I fell in the kitchen today.  :(  But I did not hit any walls or appliances!  The butter knife I was using fell.  I am not sure if I was trying to grab it before it hit the floor (stupid) or trying to get out of the way of the knife hitting my foot (smarter).  Bruises tomorrow I am sure.  :(

What I have eaten today:

LATE Breakfast
1 bowl of fruit yogurt with bananas and strawberries
I slept until 10:30am.  Massive headache!

LATE Lunch
1 toasted ham and cheese sandwich with mayo
AND some raw broccoli florets dipped in ranch dressing

I was not feeling like eating at lunchtime but I did,  The sandwich was good and I ate the broccoli plain!  But I am SO full right now. That sandwich and broccoli should have been lunch and a snack later.

Dinner
meatballs and rice

Snack
1 piece of apple pie

PLUS
only 2 cups of coffee with flavoured creamer
no chocolate in the house=no late night chocolate munching

Hip extensions-2 sets, 10 reps each leg of hip extensions
1- 1:30 pm
2- 3:00 pm

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts/comments? I would love to hear them!