Monday, February 28, 2011

First time out with my walker today by myself!

Well I did it!  And maybe I overdid it!  I went downtown on the bus today, did some shopping and bussed it home again.  All by myself.   I felt awesome and safe and secure walking!  And it was exhilarating!!  I actually mapped the distance and I walked more than 2 kms, plus the walking around the mall I did.

Then I went out with my friend as I do most Monday nights and I walked some more!  (I might be lucky to get out of bed tomorrow morning.)  :)

Things I realized today:

I really don't like taking up so much space on the bus!
I definitely like not having to pay a bus fare.  Although it certainly felt weird not to pay!  It almost felt like stealing.
When I go out with another friend now, I can't push her wheelchair for her if she needs me to.  So we will probably have to change where we go.
No more jay walking at all!  Crossing at the lights it is!
If it is at all cold out, I will need mittens!  Both of my hands are exposed.  With the cane, at least one of my hands could go in a pocket  to stay warm.  Not anymore.

I haven't quite figured out the logistics of a purse and/or bag.  I want to be able to get to my purse quickly and easily and I want to work that out so I can still carry things in my basket but have the least amount of fuss when I need to fold up the walker.

Did you know they made (coffee) cup holders for walkers!!??!!   :))

What I have eaten today:
Breakfast

1 bowl of steel cut oats with cinnamon, milk, and raisins.

Lunch
1 amazing salad from Druxy's.  I think I topped the lettuce with, like, 10 different veggies.  Dressing on the side.  I barely made a dent in in and I was full! I think that salad would feed me for a week!  LOL

Dinner
Perogies and cucumber slices.  I didn't care to have any of the pork.  I WAS planning on having some ice cream tonight but I was out, then my friend from Australia called (yippeee!), I still had not posted for the day and now it is almost 11 pm. No ice cream.  Just as well.

PLUS
3 cups of coffee with flavoured creamer
NO chocolate

At least 2 sets, 10 reps each leg of hip extensions
1-7:13 am
2-8:57 am
3-6:07 pm

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts/comments? I would love to hear them!