Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sunday May 29

Sunday was a full day.  Trina and I went to church in the morning, which is always awesome!  But Sunday May 29 was a special day.  All the churches across Canada in our fellowship:
TORONTO (1985), VANCOUVER (1990), MONTREAL (1992), CALGARY (1995), OTTAWA (1995), WINNIPEG (1997), HALIFAX (1997), HAMILTON (2001), EDMONTON (2001), NEWMARKET (2005), TRI-CITIES (2005), QUEBEC (2003)

were fasting for what we are calling the Canada 20/20 Vision.  The Vision includes international and regional co-operation, conferences, Canadian School of Missions, Canadian Teachers Training, Hope Youth Corps, planting new churches and a lot more.  So all across Canada, disciples were fasting on the last Sunday of May.  It is going to be an annual event.  I cannot fast from food because of my meds.  I fasted from coffee.  That was a sacrifice!  Silly me forgot to bring water to church to drink in place of the coffee.

On Sunday, we had a family BBQ at Mom & Bruce's place.  Everyone was there, plus my aunt N who is up visiting from NB.  We had a great time.  Gerry left VERY early.  My cousin drove the girls and I home in an amazing thunder and lightning rain storm.  I kept my eyes closed and face covered against the flashing lightning the whole way home from St Catharines to Hamilton.

When we got home from the BBQ, I saw on a Facebook posting from my friend that her brother had died.  He was only 45.  A sad day for sure, but my friend is happy her little brother is no longer suffering.  I want to go to the funeral on Friday.  I am praying to get a ride worked out to be able to go.



What I have eaten today:
Breakfast
1 smoothie with frozen fruit, yogurt, milk, 1 egg, bananas and strawberries

Lunch
peanut butter on toast

Dinner
BBQ hamburger plus potato and pasta salads at a family BBQ
plus 1 birthday cupcake with icing and sprinkles  :)

PLUS
ZERO cups of coffee with flavoured creamer-I was fasting from coffee
some chocolate

My exercise routine. Each set includes:
Leg extensions-10 reps each leg
Bridges-5 reps
Plank or V-sit-15 seconds
Stairs-2 sets each time
1st set-
2nd set-
3rd set-
Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts/comments? I would love to hear them!